Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Lies People Tell Me


I just had my fourth baby.  My OB gushes about how wonderfully I do during pregnancy. My co-workers comment on how well I handle pregnancy. A doctor I work with once compared me to a German peasant character in a book who birthed her baby in a field and then went right back to work gathering the harvest.

My question, are they all just blowing smoke up my ass?  Don't most women handle pregnancy well?  The women I have been around all seem to handle it well.  I always questioned myself, should I complain more? I mean yeah my back hurts and I get tired easily, but that kinda goes with the territory.  Not to mention, what can the doctor do, not much!

I don't consider myself tough or anything.  Nor do I consider myself a whiny little pussy.  I certainly don't consider myself special in any circumstances.  Sure, I lucked out and didn't have gestational diabetes, or hypertension. I didn't have to go on bedrest or worry about a weak cervix.

That being said, I do feel SOOOO much better after having a baby then I ever do while being pregnant.  As soon as that baby comes out, I feel like I should get up and take a jog around the block.  Which is funny considering I don't jog, ever.

I've always wanted to ask other women if their doctors say the same things to them. I'm afraid that if they don't I'll seem like I'm bragging, and I don't like to brag....much.

For now this German peasant girl is going to go about life and enjoy my new found ability to bend over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment